Learn to take better images with your DSLR!
You don’t need to have ever used a DSLR camera before in order to do this course.
Taking you right back to the start with photography and explaining ISO, shutter speeds and apertures, this workshop will get your shooting in manual mode and off automatic settings by the end of the day. If you want to understand your camera, what it is capable of and how best to use it, then this is the workshop for you.
Understanding your camera and the basics in photography will enable you to be more creative with your images, producing images how you want them, rather than randomly getting lucky! (It’s OK to admit it!) Understanding it’s various functions and what your camera and the lenses you have are capable of doing will give you the confidence to go practice and take great pictures
Combining theory and practical elements during the day you will having plenty of ‘ahhhhh ha!’ moments and lots of fun! It may even spark you to thinking that you might want to become a professional photographer!
This photography workshop covers…
- ISO, aperture and shutter speeds – what’s that all about?!
- Camera settings explained…and what you need to know to get you started and how to get the best from your camera
- Natural light – how best to use it
- Composition – how to make those shots great!
- The practical side – we will be taking some photographs of real people who will model for us out and about the area we are in!
- Tea and coffee upon arrival
- Handouts, notes and writing materials also provided
- NEW! You will be part of a closed facebook group where you can upload images you have taken during the workshop and compare notes and swap tips. Invaluable!!!
9.30am – 2pm
“Just had a wonderful day with Sara Moseley at the Great Little Picture Company on her course!
Although photography is a hobby , to which I am very enthusiastic, her clearly defined and level headed (KISS) approach enables the photographer (new and experienced), to gain something from the day.
Course content is sufficient to keep you included and is paced accordingly with generous practical time using two models.
Overall quality experience. Thoroughly recommend her courses and look forward to the next opportunity.”
“First and foremost thank you Sara for a friendly informative course delivered in an easy to understand manner.
But what did I learn? First of all and whilst using a “lesser” camera, I found out more about my camera and its’ functions than any handbook can inform you about.
Whilst I found out about deficiencies that my current camera presents me with, (I recently changed down to a powershot) I discovered how I can raise my photographs with it to a much higher standard.
Had I completed this course earlier I would have kept my EOS.